I completed my postsecondary education in electrical engineering at the University of New Brunswick. In addition to general electrical studies, I have also completed the Instrumentation and Controls option which required me to take some of the more challenging courses. I later obtained the Professional Engineer seal and certificate, from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) after meeting the requirements and passing the National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE), recognized across the Canadian and American jurisdictions. I am currently filling the Design Manger role at CE3 Electronics Inc. in Dieppe, New Brunswick.
The areas of research I have been involved in are as follows:
- System development from design to production stage
- Embedded Linux, OS-based control systems for IoT and other custom applications
- Intelligent power electronics design and diagnostics, ultrasonic generator with real-time firmware, ultraviolet ballast and remote/wireless/hybrid control systems
- Circuit modeling and simulation in PSpice, PCB layout, instrumentation, data acquisition, transducers' linearization and signal conditioning, continuous time filters, etc.
- EMC, emission control
- Application development for mobile or stationary platforms
- Design and implementation of control systems including conventional schemes, Model Predictive Control, Dahlin and Smith Predictor
- Programming for real-time operating systems (e.g. QNX) using POSIX, message passing (task division), signals, threads and priorities
- Transmitters and application-specific computer systems
System Design & Process Development
Analog, Digital & Power Electronics
IoT for Industrial Applications
Automation Schemes for Mass Production
Team Building & Management
Years of Experience
UV Germicidal Water Purification
Design of ultraviolet high-frequency electronic ballasts, high-frequency magnetics, EMC and UL/CSA certification, automated mass-production testing, etc.
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) Commercial and Residential
Design of control systems, machine-to-machine communication, motor control, actuators, etc.
IoT (Internet of Things) Industrial Applications
Embedded and OS-based, wired/wireless, network-controlled and cloud or database-oriented machines.
Power Electronics 1kW Range
Design of highly efficient, intelligent switched-mode systems along with magnetics, heat management and EMC/emission mitigation.